Sunday, January 27, 2008

Rain, rain, go away!

Well life in Cali has been very wet lately. It has been raining and raining for the past 3-4 days. It stopped a little bit yesterday and Adam and I ventured out. We went to the local farmers market and got some good vegs and fruit. I really enjoy going to the farmers market on Saturdays. There is always something new, good, and cheap. Later that night we went out to dinner with another couple that we knew from Michigan that also live in the area. We went to an amazing Indian restaurant in Santana Row called Amber. After dinner, we decided that we were so stuffed from all the butter chicken that we would skip the bar and go home and watch Planet Earth. It was a nice and relaxing evening.

I hope it isn't raining tomorrow. I have a project I want to do but need to do it outside. I bought a really cheap side table a few weeks ago at Ikea and I want to silver leaf it. It is a cream color and just looks very boring. There was a mirrored table at Target that I have had my eye on for months now waiting for it to go on sale but it never does. So I have decided to make my $9.99 table go the distance and make it shine! But for this to happen, it needs to stop raining!! I have to sand the table and then spray the adhesive on it out on the balcony. If this happens and it looks good, I will try and put a picture up.

We will be leaving the rain behind this week! Adam and I are flying to Michigan on Wednesday! We are very excited to see everyone. I am also excited to be back in the snow for a bit.

No comments: