Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Court's Finger

So as some know I cut my finger pretty bad a while ago. Well it is doing great and I thought I would post about it. But really, I just had these pictures and wanted to use them. Beware some are a little graphic!

Well it happened December 12th at about 6:30pm. I had just got home from a day of Christmas shopping in San Fran and was doing some day old dishes in the sink. I was in a rush and snapped a martini glass right were the stem meets the top. At first I was just really upset that I broke to glass but then I realized that there was blood everywhere. I grabbed my finger to stop the bleeding and started pacing. I didn't know what to do. Adam was not home and about an hour drive away. We had no first-aid things either. So I called Adam and told him to get someone to me! Luckily his friend Joel had just moved out and was close by. He brought me gauze and tape and I wrapped my finger up tight. At 10pm Adam finally made it home. I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go to the ER and thought if it had stopped bleeding it would be ok. I checked it then and it gushed blood as soon as I let the pressure off. So off to the ER we went! Then about 3 hours, seven stitches, and 3 x-rays later we were home.


This is what it looked like two days later. I was concerned about the big white area so I sent a couple pictures home. My parents said that that area might just fall off. Yea! It was I thought might happen too.

This is what it looked like about 5 days later. Much better!!! The white spot was gone. The body is amazing!




I got my stitches out the day after Christmas. And this is basically how it looks now. It's doing great! It is still a little numb around my nail but getting better everyday.

No comments: