Monday, July 14, 2008

Sweet Deals

Adam and I have been thinking about getting a new couch for some time now. Adam really didn't think that our couch was very comfortable but I wasn't quite ready to part with it (espically after making that slipcover!--- but after washing it with a pen :( I decided that it was no longer the masterpiece that it once was). We decided that we would go take a look at some couches and start getting some ideas. So last weekend we went to Crate and Barrel and checked out all the different couches. We decided we liked the Potomac the best but weren't quite ready to spend $1600 on it. We left saying that we would continue to look around and maybe buy one in August. Well later that night, being the bargain hunter I am, I got on craigslist to see what was there. To my surprise there was a Crate and Barrel Potomac for sale in a neighboring town for $100!!! Adam suspected that it was a typo and it should have read $1000. So he called and the price was correct. We went to look at the couch on Tuesday and then Joel and Adam picked it up Wednesday. Yea!! New, cheap, nice, couch!!! There is one stain on the skirt but other than that it is in great shape!

Peach likes it too!



And in other super craigslist deals.... we bought a $350 grill for $75 last week also! It was pretty dirty but Adam gave it a good scrub and we grilled some brats last night and are going to grill salmon, corn, and tomatoes tonight!


Yea craigslist.com!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Court!
Am I going to get to see you and Adam at the end of the summer???
I'm in Elk Rapids right now and my mom and I were just talking about that lil' get-together.
Hope to see you soon!!!

Your kitty is too cute for words!!!
... and nice couch! Makes me want to take a nap :)

Lea

Chuck, MB, Tessa & Baby #2 said...

Very cool! I love a good bargain, and yours might be the deal of the century! We're in need of a new TV and vacuum... maybe I'll check out craigslist too.