Sunday, July 6, 2008

Stevie Wonder!

Stevie Wonder came last night to Shoreline Amphithteatre in Mountain View, so Courtnay and I went to go see him with a couple that we're friends with. It was so awesome! I (Adam) had been a big fan of Stevie Wonder since high school and had always wanted to see him in concert and this was a really great chance. So we bought some lawn seats and met up with our friends for the show. As you can see, we didn't have the most amazing view, but it didn't really matter. They had video screens of the band and the sound of course was great.


His song selection was a great variety of older and newer songs, as well as greatest hits and album selections. He started out with some selections from various albums, but he hit his stride at the end when he played several of his greatest hits in a row at the end. I can't remember all of the songs he played, but among others, here's a list of some of the songs he played in no particular order: "Creepin", "Visions", "Living for the City", "Golden Lady", "Higher Ground", "Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing", "All I Do" (one of my favorites), "I Wish", "Isn't She Lovely", "Knocks Me Off My Feet" (another one of my favorites), "Sir Duke", "I Just Called To Say I Love You", "My Cherie Amour", "Overjoyed", "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)", "Ribbon In The Sky", "Master Blaster (Jammin')", "Uptight (Everything's Alright)", "Do I Do", and of course he ended with "Superstition".


Here are some more pictures (as you may notice, we shaved my head):



Here's Courtnay with our friends David and Tiffany (who is 8 months pregnant):


One of the greatest parts of the concert was watching all of the people dance all crazy. There were many different styles and for your viewing pleasure, here is an excerpt that I would like to call "White People Dancing Up a Storm":

No comments: