Sunday, February 24, 2008

Court's 23rd Birthday

Courtnay turned 23 on Friday, so I made sure to pamper her as much as possible. For breakfast, I cooked pancakes for the both of us, even though it ended up taking a full hour with cleanup because I forgot an ingredient in the first batch :-). I stayed and worked from home for the day, while she started working on the 1000-piece puzzle that her parents gave her, among other things, for her birthday. For dinner, I cooked her one of two dishes that I actually know how to cook: a shrimp alfredo pasta dish. After that, we went out with Kevin and Joel for drinks and dessert in downtown Palo Alto. Courtnay got to wear the dress her parents gave her for her birthday and the rest of us guys went business casual:


The bar that we were thinking of going to turned out to be a really busy restaurant, so we headed to the second place on our list, which was also in downtown Palo Alto. When we got there it wasn't very busy so we ended up staying there for the night. It was a really cool Indian-Californian fusion named Mantra that had a great atmosphere. Yeah I don't really know what it means either, but it had some cool Indian food in really small portions that was really expensive. Courtnay and I stuck with the drinks and dessert though and Joel bought a round of Washington Apples for everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

welcome to blog land you two!
glad to have you on board!
it was fun to look at all of your cali pictures!
can't wait to check back for more later!
- Leanne