Friday, April 16, 2010

Produce Galore!

My box came this week! Yea!
After emailing on Saturday, I received an email on Tuesday saying that they were sorry that I got missed and we would be getting a box this Friday free of charge. Yes! It even came at a good time, about 10am. I didn't get the first box till late at night.
This is what I received:
2 pink lady apples, 2 meyer lemons, 2 avocados, .5 lb strawberries, 1 bunch red radish, 1 napa cabbage, rainbow chard, carrots, celery, romain lettuce, red spring onions, 1.5 lb jewel sweet potatoes, asparagus, 2 pears (I don't know what type)

So lots of greens. The recipes this week were: Red Chard Enchiladas, Lemon and Asparagus Fettuccine, and Broccoli and Rapini with Lemon and Shallots....and none of them are available online! I just checked. Sorry guys.
One thing I can't wait to make is mashed sweet potatoes. I don't have a recipe but will look for one online. I am going to the farmers market to pick up some steaks (local and grass fed) that Adam ordered tomorrow. So one meal for the week will be steak, mashed sweet potatoes, and salad or asparagus. Yum!
Speaking of asparagus, I thought I would share my (apparently) famous recipe for them. I almost always make them this way and everyone asks for the recipe! I even get phone calls about it! I find it funny because it's so easy. But they are a big hit. Especially with the Gross' (I'm not so good with grammer/english and that ' is probably in the wrong place-don't judge!).

Courtnay's famous roasted asparagus
1 bunch asparagus
olive oil
garlic salt (cali style)
pepper
optional- lemon, white wine, fresh garlic

Pre-heat oven to 350. Trim asparagus and place in an 8x8 backing dish. Drizzle olive oil to coat (maybe 2T). Sprinkle garlic salt and pepper over. Shake 'em up! And bake for 15 or so mins until they are done like you like them. A splash of wine or lemon is a good flavor too. I would add this before cooking. And if you use fresh garlic just mince and make sure to add a little plain salt too (omit the garlic salt). Enjoy!

1 comment:

Emily B said...

That's how I like my asparagus too, but lately we have been throwing it on the grill, GREAT flavor! (P.S. Not the wrong spot for the apostrophe! When the word ends in 's' you put it at the end of the word, like you did!)