Saturday, April 17, 2010

Interesting day

Well I've had an interesting day. It included some great sales, the farmer's market, and even an 911 call!

So I'll start with the call.... I was just leaving the farmer's market after picking up my steaks when I heard this woman yelling "call 911! Call 911!" So I did. There was a small crowd gathering and I remember learning in psych about something to the effect that when there is a group of people everyone assumes someone else will call and therefore no one calls. I wasn't going to let that happen. And really, no one else was calling. Everyone was just telling the mom to "do this" and do that". I don't really know what was happening but it appeared that a young boy passed out. It didn't look like a seizer but I didn't see the beginning. I was also relieved to see that he was breathing. I really didn't want to have to use my CPR knowledge (watch out everyone- I'm a dental hygienist!-haha). One thing though, that phone call was stressful! Before I was able to tell the operator where we were or what happened she needed to have me tell her my phone number twice! Really? I know I have a weird number (from Ann Arbor) but couldn't we do that once the ambulance is on the way? Oh well. I think the kid will be fine. The fire truck and ambulance were there in about 5 mins. And then I left. Too much excitement for me!


But the first thing that got my heart going today was this:

I found a Diane Von Furstenberg wrap dress at an estate sale for $5! It's not in the best shape but it is the type of dress she became famous for. So why not! I am going to clean it up and hopefully it's not too huge.

Here is the rest of my score:
2 huge curtain panels for $10. I hope they wash up nice. Not sure what I will do with them but it was a ton of fabric to pass up. 2 more vintage dresses, a wrap skirt, wool sweater, sweater skirt, and about 3 yrds vintage fabric. It was a good morning.

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

WOW, what a day!! LOVE the estate stash. Yowza girl

Emily B said...

ohhh good find! You always find such cute things for bargain prices!

Totaly bothersome that they made you say your number twice...what a waste of time!