Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thankful for some dirt

Who knew a very dirty air duct would be so handy! I left a Pearl earring on the dresser and Peach decided to have some fun with it. I looked and looked and then spotted it resting haphazardly in the partially opened air vent. Yikes! I tried to carefully maneuver it out but it almost instantly fell to the unknown depths below. But as it turns out, that's not too deep at all. I pulled out the vent only to find a ton of junk! I started pulling out and vacuuming up stuff but no earring. I kept thinking "if only I had one of those arthroscopic cameras" when I realized why not just take a picture and see if the earring is still anywhere close. So I did and there it was!! Just needed a long kitchen spoon and my earring is back safe and sound in the jewelry box. But know I understand why people would get their air ducts cleaned! If we actually owned the place where we live this would be on the top of my "to-do" list.

1 comment:

sagreen said...

Yikes! Glad you found it okay.