Monday, January 19, 2009

This is why...

So I am in need of a new car. My car has been making a noise for a few months now and I finally took it into the shop last Friday. I was afraid that there would be nothing wrong and they would just tell me that it is normal and I would look stupid. But I was right, there was definitely something wrong with the car. A lot wrong with the car. They also were quite shocked with the amount of rust and kept asking "where is this car from?" So after hearing all that was wrong and adding up the numbers, Adam and I decided that the cost to fix the car is more than it is worth. I called my dad and he agreed, "don't put any money into it." Yea! New car for me! Kind of funny timing because I had been eying all the new Escapes on the road and REALLY wanting one.

I am not sure how soon we will actually get a new car but this is why I really want a SUV:
I made a trip to Palo Alto today to visit Adam, go to Anthropologie, and Ikea. And look what I found in the "as is" dept at Ikea. If I had a car this would have never happened. Notice the rust coming through above the wheel.
I had been wanting a white shelving unit for some time now so this worked out perfect. I am planning on covering the back with paper or fabric. Here is it in the living room. I just threw some stuff in to get an idea.I also bought frames for the pics on the wall but naturally they are too small. So for now my Christmas presents from Adam are taped up.
Peach likes it too.

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

oh thats to cute with Peach on the shelf. Love those cash and CARRY SUV's.