Saturday, January 31, 2009

Courtnay loves...

cornmeal pancakes! Seriously what else would I love on a Saturday morning?? Oh these are so good! I woke up this morning with them on my mind and had to make them. And lucky for me, the recipe is on the box! Oh how I love Jiffy! You can also make waffles with the recipe so maybe that's next on my list of morning goodness.


Key ingredient in this is the real Michigan maple syrup. Thanks Mom!

Cornmeal Pancakes
1 box Jiffy Corn muffin Mix
1egg
2T shortening melted (I used butter)
3/4 c milk
Preheat griddle/ waffle iron. Mix all. Cook like normal pancakes.

How hard is that??
Yum!

2 comments:

Chuck, MB, Tessa & Baby #2 said...

Cool, might have to try it since I LOVE corn bread!

sagreen said...

Those look delicious! That maple syrup sure brings back memories (thanks Mom!). We rocked ours for a year or so. Andy was so sad to see it go that he scooped out every last bit & probably licked it out. He was relieved when I informed him they sell maple syrup at the store. ;)